And since nobody made it possible to customize this i wrote up this little guide on how to customize this across all your users.
So instead of:
Sadly there is no simple RegKey or similar for this, so best option imo is to use 3.party autohotkey open source project.
First thing to do is to install/ deploy autohotkey.
Download from here:
To deploy via network make a startup script in a GPO
(Note version number in command)
This will install AutoHotkey in default location.
(Please refer to the autohotkey forum for more options and switches.)
Next step is to create a script file to make things work – Autohotkey is script controlled, and the sky is the limit, when it comes to creating hotkeys and hotstrings
- 1. Right-Click on your desktop.
- 2. Find “New” in the menu.
- 3. Click “AutoHotkey Script” inside the “New” menu.
- 4. Give the script a new name. Note: It must end with a .ahk extension. Ex. SFB.ahk
- 5. Find the newly created file on your desktop and Right-Click it.
- 6. Click “Edit Script”.
- 7. A window should have popped up, probably Notepad. If so, SUCCESS!
Thanks to my friend Daniel, for supplying an extra great little addition to the script.
With this added, you can select/ mark a phonenumber anywhere in Windows and simply press “WINDOWS”+V and SKYPE4B will open and dial the selected number – excellent feature.
; DAL’s nifty addiditons 🙂
Put the script file on a file-server, and create a “files” item in GPMC.
Path to startup folder would be %AppDataDir%RoamingMicrosoftWindowsStart MenuProgramsStartup