In this article I will describe how to enable this new feature after installing the update.
Busy Options, is a new Voice policy in SfB 2015, it brings “Busy on Busy” and “Voicemail on Busy” functionality to SfB 2015, AND is even supported on SBA.
On top of that Video based screen sharing AND the possibility to have multiple emergency numbers are also included.
To get the update go to this link.
To apply cumulative update please follow the guidelines found in this article
BUT please run the following before starting your services after installing the cumulative update.
To enable the new voice policy run this in SfB Management Shell on your frontend server:
Set-CsVoicePolicy -EnableBusyOptions $true
Or you can enable this policy on a “per site” basis by using
Set-CsVoicePolicy -Identity Site:Redmond1 -EnableBusyOptions $true
Then add a new ServerApplication by running this (replacing %FQDN% with your SfB Pool FQDN)
New-CsServerApplication -Identity ‘Service:Registrar:%FQDN%/BusyOptions’ -Uri http://www.microsoft.com/LCS/BusyOptions
-Critical $False -Enabled $True -Priority (Get-CsServerApplication -Identity ‘Service:Registrar:%FQDN%/UserServices’).Priority
Then run update-csadminrole cmdlet to update RBAC
Now start the services
I have seen issues where the whole server needed a reboot before the new option for Set-csvoicepolicy cmdlet became available
Then youre are good to go, and can configure the Busy options for your users.
To enable plain Busy on Busy for a user run (replacing username)
Set-CsBusyOptions -Identity “sip:email@example.com” -ActionType BusyOnBusy
To enable Voicemail on Busy for a user run (replacing username)
Set-CsBusyOptions -Identity “sip:firstname.lastname@example.org” -ActionType VoicemailOnBusy
To get the current Busy options status for a user
Get-CsBusyOptions -Identity “sip:email@example.com“
And finally to disable it for a user run
Remove-CsBusyOptions -Identity “sip:firstname.lastname@example.org“
Please note the following interoperability notes (taken from this TechNet article https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt750457.aspx)
Busy Options provides interoperability with the following Voice applications in Skype for Business:
- Response Groups (RGS)
- Busy Options set on Response Group numbers will be ignored by the system; multiple concurrent calls will be allowed.
- The current Attendant routing experience in Response Groups will remain unchanged for the Agents with Busy Options settings.
- The calls coming from Response Groups to the users who are Response Groups Agents will not be throttled by Busy Options settings and the current RGS experience will be maintained.
- The non-RGS related calls to the Agents will be honored by their Busy Options settings.
- Team Call
- Incoming calls to users who are set up for a Team Call will be prioritized to ignore Busy on Busy and Voicemail on Busy settings.
- The current Team Call experience will remain unchanged with Busy Options set for the users.
- The non-Team Call related calls to such users will be honored by their Busy Options settings.
- Boss/Admin Delegation
- Incoming calls to users who are set up for a Boss/Admin Delegation either as Boss or an Admin will be prioritized to ignore Busy on Busy and Voicemail on Busy settings.
- The current Boss/Admin Delegation experience will remain unchanged with Busy Options set for the Admins or Boss.
- The non-Boss/Admin Delegation related calls to Admins will be honored by their Busy Options settings.
- Shared Line Appearance
- Busy Options settings on user accounts set up for Shared Line Appearance will be ignored.
- Shared Line Appearance’s native Busy on Busy and Voicemail on Busy options will be honored instead.
- Call Parking Service
- Parked calls that were not retrieved and are ringing back due to timing out will be allowed to ring though to the user who parked the call by the Busy Options.
- Call Conferencing
- Users in conference calls are considered Busy and new incoming calls will be rejected with a busy signal or forwarded to voice mail according to their Busy Options settings.
- Users in conferences are not prevented from initiating new calls or conferences by Busy Options.
- Users in conferences are still able to receive new conference invitations, but new peer-to-peer calls will be rejected according to their Busy Options settings.
- Simultaneous ring
- If a users calls are set for simultaneous ring, their devices will not ring if the call is rejected by the user’s Busy Options settings.